Saturday, March 24

I'm Not Sure Why I Stayed

...after the Parks Department came over and told us we had to play in sneakers, but I did.

I think it was the result of seriously jonesing for the Pike season to start. I want to be back out on the field getting better. Working with my teammates to dominate. Hopefully helping them improve as much they always help me.

The problem, as always, is that pickup just doesn't satisfy that jones. Even if it is good pickup (and this most certainly was not) the level of trust and comfort with your teammates is not the same. It is that deeper connection and dedication that makes it all worth it. I may have mentioned this in a recent post, but it bears repeating. The camaraderie and shared goals of the team allow for experiences that could not occur otherwise. Buying-in to a group concept and following through is beyond satisfying. For once, you act selfishly and selflessly all at once. Your goals are your team's goals and vice-versa.

We've got a ton to accomplish this season and it is definitely good to be starting up soon. The test isn't until October and, unlike the academic time I've wasted, I'll be doing all of my homework.
--
Workout Total:
3 Hours of Pickup
15 minute core workout

No comments: