Sunday, June 3

Day Two

Wow, sleep is not in any way overrated.

Without the obscene amount of sleep last night or the Endurox right after the Bravo loss yesterday, there is no way that I'd be walking today. Fortunately, we have a ton of time until the game starts at 11:45. If only there were some establishment in the area that would serve up a fatty, greasy breakfast to complete my recuperation...

Dennys it is!

Ate the classic Moons over my Hammy sans American processed cheese-like food with some coffee. Got the fields a little later than we wanted to, but missed nothing and were pretty well warmed up for the start of this one.

Game 6 vs Black Angus:
I don't remember this game being close at all, but I don't remember the final score either. In fact, I can't remember anything at all about this game, now that I think about it. We won and I yelled "Angus!" at least twice. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

After this, we watched DWY play DWX after a horribly long injury time out. If the one that didn't win had won by 1 or 2 points, we would have been in the finals. Or, we could have chosen to nut up the day before and play like men to keep our destiny in our own hands... In any case, DWY won the right to face Bravo in the finals. This, while it would seem to be a mismatch on paper, went in favor of DWY who won 13-9.

I have nothing to say about that game because we headed to the airport to get drunk and play Blokus. After hearing enough about it, I got to try my hand at this game (the triangular version) for a round. I like it and I think I'm going to have to buy a copy. I almost pulled out the win, but Jamie had to be and ass and blokus me to let TC win. Jerkface.

Our flight, once again, was delayed by about an hour and a half which gave much time for beer consumption. Always makes the flight more fun. on the flight back, Jamie, Dono and I discussed a bunch of strategy stuff. Perfectly confusing conversation for everyone around us, I would imagine.

Got back pretty late that night due to the vagaries of the Airtrain and NJ Transit schedules. We ended up getting a ride from the airport from a friend who happened to be in the area. That shortened the trip by about an hour. Sweet. Not home early, but in time to get some solid shut-eye before work the next day. Summer league starts tomorrow!
Workout Total:
1.5 hours of ultimate

No comments: