Monday, May 28

Final Leg Circuit Week

The final week of the 6-week progression is pretty brutal.

It looks like this

5 times through, no rest.

20 squats
20 lunges (10 each leg)
20 step-ups (10 each leg)
10 squat jumps

I did it this morning. It took me 7:42 to complete. I think I can do waaaay better than that. My goal for the next time (Wednesday) is sub-7:20. A couple of teammates pulled in at an identical 7:42 and Tim Johnson beat me by a second. Let me tell you, this workout is almost criminally intense. Followed it up with a quick upper body strength workout and a core workout. It was definitely difficult to push through those with the level of leg exhaustion I was feeling.

Gotta push through. Gotta do better. Every workout is a chance to be stronger, faster, quicker, more explosive, more skilled, more experienced. A chance to be better the next time I step on the field. I love being able to improve.
--
Workout total:
7:42 Leg Circuit
15 Minutes Upper Body Strength
15 Minutes Core

No comments: