Wednesday, May 2

Philly Invite

At some point today, I was reminded of the Philly Invite which is being held as a part of Lehigh Valley's Sportsfest.

Interestingly, it is not in Philly, nor is it actually an invite, as teams can submit bids.

More to the point, there are a bunch of high-level mixed teams playing, which is exciting, but no Open or Women's which is unfortunate on a number of levels, but most importantly for yours truly,
these fields (which are pretty sweet) are walking distance from my brother's apartment and about a 20 minute drive from my parent's place. My original remedy was to attempt to get/find a team of Wicked/Pike et al and go have a good weekend of competition. Won't happen.

Apparently, they don't want to face teams like the Deceptesomethings or whatever other combo teams might form. Why? I don't know. Skurred, most likely. It is too bad-- I would have jumped at the opportunity to play there. Instead, y'all better be prepared for some rude, crude, offensive and very likely unfunny heckling. Or, on the other hand, nothing at all. I might just take a nap instead.
--
Workout total:
15 min Wobble Board
15 min Core Workout
30 min Stretching

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.